Oats Poha Namkeen Mix (Oats Snacks Recipe)
One of the most reminiscent memories that I have of Delhi, are those of rainy evenings in the month of August-September. We would get delicious Poha fresh from the Halwai and feast on it with piping hot adrak vali Chai (Ginger-milk tea).
#CookedByMe Oats Poha Namkeen Mix #Northindian #recipe #ontheblog theharikumar.com #foodblogger #food #foodporn #yum #instafood #yummy #amazing #instagood #photooftheday #sweet #dinner #lunch #breakfast #fresh #tasty #food #delish #delicious #eating #foodpic #foodpics #eat #hungry #foodgasm #hot #foods
Years later, as I try to digest the sad fact that I am no more in Delhi, I tried to prepare what is called a hybrid of the Poha (rice flakes) from my memories and some spicy tangy twist with Saffola Oats. Here’s my new recipe for Oats Poha Namkeen Mix made with Saffola Masala Oats.
- Poha (Rice Flakes – 1 cup)
- Saffola Masala Oats (1 cup)
- Eastern Garam Masala
- Turmeric Powder
- Capsicum (1/2 – finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves
- Onion (1 – finely chopped)
- Dried Red Chilly
- Mustard Seeds
- Garlic (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chat masala
- Green Chilly chopped (2)
- Kashmiri Red Chilly powder
Method to make Oats Poha Namkeen Mix
- Roast oats in a fry pan and set aside
- Roast Poha and set aside
- Fill fry pan with sesame oil and add mustard seeds, red chilly and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Now add chopped green chilly, garlic and onion.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder and salt as per your taste.
- Now add finely chopped capsicum and coriander leaves.
- Once onion turns golden, it is time to add Eastern Garam Masala.
- Add the roasted oats and poha to this and mix well.
It is as simple as that. This one hardly took 15 minutes for me to prepare. It is a great Oats Snacks Recipe for evenings or even early mornings. Kids would love it, and it is nutritious as well. Don’t wanna try oats snacks recipes, why don’t you try making Panipuri. Check out my recipe for Panipuri here.